Here is the prototype with the parts installed. Some time this week I would like to apply power to it. I can test it with the two header pins in place of the 16F628A. That should let me tune up the oscillator and the fsk shift with the two variable capacitors.
I have some existing QRSS code that should be pretty easy to port. I think that I will just need to update the pins that I decided to use. (My existing code is setup to echo the message and status on the LCD display. For simplicity with the initial prototype I decided to leave out the LCD.)
I have a couple of additional features that I am pondering adding to the design. Parts count/price + available memory will be a couple key considerations.
73 de NG0R