Split rail fence

Tonight we put in a split rail fence in the corner of our yard. It will become the support for our four grapevines. We also dug an area within the triangular base of the fence to become a new flower garden.

We used our tractor to dig out the existing field sod and top soil/clay. We removed
about a cubic yard of material. Next we put in the fence. Then we filled in the hole
and create a planting mound. (We used recycled material from the City of Litchfield
which is very rich black dirt now.)

Hopefully if the weather permits on Friday Cristy will be able to put the edging in
and then transplant the grapevines. We will then put in some wood chips to control
weeds and erosion.

I will try to post some pictures of the finished project in a couple of days.